The Town of Farmville is seeking a full-time secretary that will provide administrative, operational, and clerical support to all areas within the Administrative Office. These areas are planning and zoning, code enforcement, risk management, property management, surveying, GIS, and building inspections. This position will report directly to the Assistant Town Manager.
The essential duties of the secretary position are:
- Develops, prepares, distributes, and files correspondences, reports, and other documents.
- Coordinates, schedules, and maintains calendars of meetings and events.
- Creates, maintains, and updates databases and other files.
- Attends and drafts the minutes of the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals meetings.
- Ensures that all needed supplies, materials and other equipment are ordered and available.
- Serves as the building permit technician (requires training and state testing).
- Addresses public inquiries.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma and seven to ten years directly related experience, or
- Two years of college or Associate’s Degree and two to less than five years directly related experience.
Prior experience in local government and/or a planning and building inspections department is preferred.
Salary Range: $28,642.00 – $41,600.00 with an expected hiring range of $30,000 to $34,000.
The Town of Farmville offers an excellent benefit package.
Applications are also available for pickup in the Treasurer’s Office at 116 North Main Street, Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
The deadline for applying is 3:00 pm, on Tuesday, April 30, 2019. Applicants must possess a valid VA driver’s license and pass a substance abuse screening. The Town of Farmville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.