Laborer Positions | Full-Time
The Town of Farmville is accepting applications for full-time Laborer positions.
Qualified applicants may be assigned as a Laborer I or Laborer II.
Laborer I is a beginner or moderately skilled worker in maintenance, repair, and/or construction activities. They must possess a valid Driver’s License.
Laborer II candidates should have some experience in heavy manual labor, equipment, and vehicles. They must possess a valid Driver’s License with a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) designation.
Successful candidates for both positions must have a high school diploma or GED.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing heavy, moderate to semi-skilled manual work involving the maintenance of cemetery and park properties, trash collection, streets maintenance, and water and sewer maintenance.
- Using common and specialized hand and power tools, as well as large equipment.
- Performing manual labor for extended periods, often in adverse weather conditions.
- Understanding and following oral and written instructions
- Cooperating and working effectively with other workers.
Salary is based on experience and qualifications. The full salary range for Laborer I is $24,398 – $39,037 annually, with a hiring range of $24,398 to $25,000. The full salary range for Laborer II is $26,228 – $41,965 annually, with a hiring range of $26,228 to $28,000.
The Town of Farmville offers an excellent benefit package, including health and life insurance, retirement, and paid time off. Applicants must possess an acceptable driving record, and pass a criminal background check and a substance abuse screening.
Interested applicants are encouraged to complete and submit the Town of Farmville Application for Employment to [email protected] The application deadline is Friday, October 2, 2020.
The Town of Farmville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Clerk of Council | Full-Time Appointed Official
The Town of Farmville is accepting applications for a full-time Clerk of Council Qualified applicants will have an Associate Degree and mid-level administrative experience. Computer skill, including MS Office proficiency, and Certified or Master Municipal Clerk designation are highly desirable. A combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of the specific criteria listed above. Must be available to work non-standard hours, including some evenings. Must successfully complete a background check including drug/alcohol screening.
As a Town Council appointee, the clerk is responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all Town Council records and documents as prescribed by state law and Town code. Reports to, and serves at the pleasure of, the Mayor and Town Council.
Responsibilities include, and are not limited to:
- Completes administrative and clerical duties and complies with legal requirements for Town Council.
- Records and prepares written minutes of meetings.
- Responds to Mayor and Town Council FOIA requests.
- Schedules appointments for the Mayor and Town Council.
- Prepares correspondence and other documents for the Mayor and Town Council.
- Works with the Manager’s Office in conducting research and prepare reports for the Town Council on a variety of topics and issues.
- Attends all council meetings, work sessions, committee meetings, staff training sessions, and other meetings related to Town Council.
- Provides staff assistance and technical advice in the varied assignments designated by the Town Council.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $37,654 – $60,247 with the starting salary dependent on experience and qualifications. The Town of Farmville offers an excellent benefit package and does not participate in VRS. Interested applicants are encouraged to complete and submit the Town of Farmville Application for Employment to [email protected]. The position is open until filled and a first review of applications will begin September 18, 2020.
The Town of Farmville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Police Officer - Full-Time
Police Officer – Full-Time
The Town of Farmville is seeking potential candidates for the position of Police Officers for a current opening. Applicants may be either certified as a law enforcement officer through the Department of Criminal Justice Services or seeking a certification as a new law enforcement officer.
Applicants must be 21 years of age, possess a valid Virginia driver’s license, have a high school diploma or GED equivalent and have no felony or recent misdemeanor convictions. All applicants must meet the requirements of section 15.2-1705 of the code of Virginia for the minimum qualifications required of the position. Successful applicants will undergo a panel interview; pass a background investigation, substance abuse screening, psychological testing and physical examination.
The Town of Farmville is a progressive community centered in the heart of Virginia and home to Longwood University. The Farmville Police Department is a State Accredited Agency. The Town offers a competitive salary, a retirement plan with a generous match and five year vesting, free health care for the employee and competitive rates for family. The Town provides uniforms and equipment. A take-home car program is available for qualified employees.
Interested applicants are encouraged to complete and submit the Town of Farmville Police Department Application for employment to [email protected]. Paper applications can be picked up and delivered to the Farmville Police Department at 116 N Main Street. Applications received with-in the past twelve months will be considered.
Applications must be received by September 15, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
The Town of Farmville is an equal opportunity employer.