Parks and Recreation
The Recreation Department plans, coordinates, and oversees activities for all ages. The Department hosts activities for youth, teens, adults and seniors in the Town of Farmville and surrounding areas. Programs are offered in the areas of arts, sports, fitness, outdoor recreation as well as special events. The Recreation Department also oversees the Recreation Scholarship Fund, a fund created to help ensure individuals are not turned away from recreational programs because of their inability to pay.
Current Recreational Programs and Updates:
- Pickleball: Come join in Pickleball on Monday and Wednesday Nights. Equipment is provided and no experience is necessary!
- Fitness & Movement Programs: Come on out “Get Moving”! Classes are held Monday – Thursday at the South Street Conference Center. Class cost is $30.00 a month or $4.00 per class. For more information contact the Recreation Department at 434-392-3737.
- Martial Arts: Local classes are offered for both adults and youth. Besides providing great exercise, martial arts classes teach discipline, respect, and build confidence. They are held at the South Street Conference Center. If you would like more information, please contact the Recreation Department at 434-392-3737.
Click on the links below to view program information
Rec Events Held During the Year
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Heart Of VA 5K & 10K Registration Form
- Halloween Costume Parade
- Jingle Bell Run 5K & Mile Walk
For more information on any of the recreational programs please contact:
Farmville Recreation Department
P.O Drawer 368 | 1328 Zion Hill Road | Farmville, VA 23901
Tel: (434) 392-3737 | Fax: (434) 392-3160