What's New

Online Payments
Parks and Recreation Farmville Golf Course Farmville Chamber of Commerce Virginia Tourism

The Building Official is responsible for enforcing the International Building Code, as well as the specific electrical, mechanical and plumbing codes contained in the Town of Farmville Code. The State of Virgina uses 2012 Building Code and 2012 Electrical Code.

To ensure that building codes are met the building official must make inspections on a project throughout its duration. The building officials office handles all applications for the issuance of building permits for the alteration or erection of all buildings/structures.

The Building Official is responsible for issuing notices of unsafe conditions found in buildings/structures. Written notices will be served to the owner, agent or person responsible for the building/structure, describing why the structure was deemed unsafe and specifying the required  improvements that are needed to bring it into compliance.


The Building Official's Office appointments and inspections can be scheduled for Monday through Friday. Please request inspections at least 24 hours in advance.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact our office at 434-392-8465.

Fee Schedule -  For helpful publication for contractors click here

Building Permit  - All Building Permits will take at a minimum of 24 hours to be processed. General Contractors are advised to submit a list of sub-contractors for each job, and estimated job cost when the Building Permit is submitted. Without the information there could be a delay in processing the permit

Demolition Permit  - All Demolition Permits will take a minimum of 24 hours to be processed. It is the responsibility of the owner or agent to notify all utilities for disconnection. Demolition Permits will not be issued until a release from each utility service is obtained. Information on Asbestos Click here.

Town Business License  - In order to perform work in the Town of Farmville, you must have a Business License. When applyinlg for a Building Permit  and the job is $25,000.00 or less, you may use a copy of your current locality's Business License. If you can not provide one, you will be required to purchase a license with the Town of Farmville.


Phillip Moore- Building Official
Jane Drinkwater - Secretary
Town of Farmville
116 N. Main St
Farmville, VA 23901
Telephone #: 434-392-8465
Fax #: 434-392-3160



  return to top

Code Red