New Residents

Welcome to Farmville! We know how hard it is when moving to a new area, so we have compiled some useful information for you. Here are just some of the things to know about living in Farmville. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.


Dominion Virginia Power
Phone: 866-366-4357


Water and sewer are provided through the Town of Farmville. To set up a new service or to change the name on an existing bill, call the Treasurer's Office at 434-392-3333 or email To learn more about the town's utility service, including how to sign up for autopay and pay online, visit the Utility page.


The Town of Farmville provides garbage and recycling pickup for those who live in town. To learn more about the pickup schedule visit the Recycling and Garbage pages or by calling Public Works at 434-392-3331.

Voter Registration

Voter registration is done through Prince Edward County. Check out how to register to vote and find election information at Elections or call the County Registrar at 434-392-4767.

Pet Licenses

Prince Edward County requires all pet owners to tag dogs four months or older. It's $10 for dogs; $5 if they are neutered or spayed. A current certificate of rabies inoculation is required, as well as a veterinarian's certificate of neutering or spaying. To purchase a dog license visit the County Treasurer's Office.

Speaking of Pets

Dogs need to be on a leash when off your property and they also need to be cleaned up after. The town maintains a dog park off of Virginia Street, next to the DMV, where you can take your furry friend for a stroll or run.


For town events, visit our calendar.