Starting Monday, November 1, and running through December 22, the Town of Farmville will operate its vacuum service leaf collection. Before and after these dates, leaves must be bagged and called in for regular Monday pickups. View the Leaf Collection Map (PDF) for precise information about the collection.
Leaf vacuum schedule:
- November 1 - 4 - Spot pickup to cover all of town
- November 7 - 15 - Area 1
- November 16 - 23 - Area 2
- November 28 - December 5 | Area 3
- December 6 - 22 - Spot pickup to cover all of the towns as needed
Leaves must be out by 7:30 am on the first scheduled day of your collection week. Rake your leaves to the curb or to the property line near your street. Do not rake leaves into the street! Keep leaf piles clear of drainage ditches, pipes, and culverts. If you need leaves for composting to help nourish your plants or garden, the town will deliver leaves to you on a first-call, first-serve basis.
A brief description of the Areas is as follows:
- Area 1 - "The Greens", all Avenues and through streets, Lee, Jesse's, Cabell's, Hill, Griffin, Race, High, Germantown, and Westhill.
- Area 2 - Oak, Buffalo, Beech, North, Randolph, St. George, Garden, Appomattox, Grove, W 3rd, Agee, Cobb, Holman, Layne, "Jackson Heights" and all streets north of Appomattox River.
- Area 3 - All areas east of Main St. and south of Appomattox River, including the Belmont Circle and Crestview Dr. areas. Partial list of streets include Second St., Park, South, Bridge, E 3rd, Vaughan, Persimmon Tree Fork, Roberts, Noblin, Stonewood, Virginia, Hylawn, Woodrow, Cedar, Serpell, Watson, Glenn, "A", Longwood Avenue, Putney, Winston, Church, Front, Gross, Parkview, Reed, Spottswood, Andrews Dr., Vernon, Wiley, Laurel, Catlin, Barber, Milnwood, Greenhouse, Ford, Scott and Graham.
For further information contact the Public Works Department at 392-3331.