Parks & Recreation
The Town of Farmville Parks and Recreation Department offers numerous events and programs throughout the year, visit our Community Events tab to learn more!
The Farmville Parks and Recreation Department shall create and provide opportunities that inspire personal growth, healthy lifestyles, and a sense of community for current and future generations.
- Visionary Leadership- Dynamic programs that shape town character and meet diverse community needs
- Identified Community Need and Demographics- Easily accessible information supports enjoyment and use of the recreation system.
- Quality of programming- provides for learning and skill building through a continuous improvement process. We can reach our goals efficiently and effectively through community collaboration and support.
- Sustainability- Building programs with structure, well-defined initiatives, and specific implementation plans remain in constant development that adapts to the community’s changing needs.
- Safety and Accessibility- Awareness for providing a safe environment and reasonable accommodations for program participants and the community.
- Responsiveness and Innovation- Park and recreation services are relevant today and tomorrow through outreach and research. This includes tactile skills and technological advances.
- Fostering New Partnerships and Connections- Identifying opportunities and connecting with people to build relationships to help achieve community goals.